Generation No. 1
1. John1 Popplewell was born WFT Est. 1596-1625 in England, and died WFT Est. 1650-1710 in North Cumberland, VA.
Notes for John Popplewell:
John came to the U.S. from England as an indentured servant of James Knott in 1635.
Child of John Popplewell is:
2. i. JOHN2 POPPLEWELL, b. Virginia; d. Aft. 1680, North Hampton, VA.
Generation No. 2
2. John2 Popplewell (John1) was born in Virginia, and died Aft. 1680 in North Hampton, VA.
Child of John Popplewell is:
3. i. ARTHUR3 POPPLEWELL, b. WFT Est. 1667-1681, Virginia; d. WFT Est. 1672-1767.
Generation No. 3
3. Arthur3 Popplewell (John2, John1) was born WFT Est. 1667-1681 in Virginia, and died WFT Est. 1672-1767. He married (1) Judith. He married (2) Winfred.
Child of Arthur Popplewell and Judith is:
4. i. WILLIAM4 POPPLEWELL, b. WFT Est. 1637-1721; d. Aft. 1729.
Generation No. 4
4. William4 Popplewell (Arthur3, John2, John1) was born WFT Est. 1637-1721, and died Aft. 1729.
Children of William Popplewell are:
5. i. WILLIAM5 POPPLEWELL, b. WFT Est. 1674-1698; d. Aft. 1790.
ii. GEORGE POPPLEWELL, b. 1666-1730.
iii. RICHARD POPPLEWELL, b. 1666-1730.
Generation No. 5
5. William5 Popplewell (William4, Arthur3, John2, John1) was born WFT Est. 1674-1698, and died Aft. 1790. He married Sarah 1697-1723.
Child of William Popplewell and Sarah is:
6. i. HACK6 POPPLEWELL, b. Abt. 1720, Virginia; d. Abt. 1793.
Generation No. 6
6. Hack6 Popplewell (William5, William4, Arthur3, John2, John1) was born Abt. 1720 in Virginia, and died Abt. 1793. He married Judith.
Notes for Hack Popplewell:
Was in the navy during the Revolutionary War. He was given a land warrent for his services.
Children of Hack Popplewell and Judith are:
7. i. ISAAC7 POPPLEWELL, b. Abt. 1746, Virginia; d. 1841, Adair Kentucky.
ii. JAMES POPPLEWELL, b. Abt. 1748, Virginia; d. 1749-1838.
Generation No. 7
7. Isaac7 Popplewell (Hack6, William5, William4, Arthur3, John2, John1) was born Abt. 1746 in Virginia, and died 1841 in Adair Kentucky. He married Elizabeth Flint, daughter of John Flint and Chloe Williams.
Notes for Isaac Popplewell:
Took the land warrent he inherited from his father Hack Popplewell and claimed land at Wolf Creek! In 1806 Isaac Popplewell appointed to be surveyor of part of the road leading from Buckhannon's foding on the Cumberland River to intersect the road leading from Moses Manns to Biardstorwn, which lies between the said river and Wolf Creek. On Nove 8, 1803 Isaac "Popwell" made proof for 78 acres on Wolf Creek, Kentucky. Please note that this is Wolf Creek that runs into the Cumberland River, not Wolf Creek that is on the Northern portion of Kentucky on the Ohio River.
Children of Isaac Popplewell and Elizabeth Flint are:
8. i. JUDITH8 POPPLEWELL, b. 1785; d. 1816-1879.
9. ii. SOVERIGN POPPLEWELL, b. April 5, 1787; d. Abt. 1866.
10. iii. SIMCO S. POPPLEWELL, b. 1791-1792, Virginia; d. 1873, Russell Kentucky.
iv. SARAH POPPLEWELL, b. 1794.
v. NANCY POPPLEWELL, b. 1796.
vi. JOHN POPPLEWELL, b. February 4, 1801.
vii. JO POPPLEWELL, b. 1802.
11. viii. ISAAC POPPLEWELL ,JR., b. January 2, 1804, Adair Kentucky; d. April 10, 1889, Adair Kentucky.
ix. BARRETT POPPLEWELL, b. 1806.
Generation No. 8
8. Judith8 Popplewell (Isaac7, Hack6, William5, William4, Arthur3, John2, John1) was born 1785, and died 1816-1879. She married William Meek May 18, 1807.
Children of Judith Popplewell and William Meek are:
i. ISSAC9 MEEK, b. 1808.
ii. WILLIAM MEEK, b. 1810.
iii. MARY MEEK, b. 1812; m. H.P. HYLTON.
iv. GEORGE MEEK, b. 1813.